Tuesday 6 March 2012

Who's Daniel Radcliffe?

Daniel Radcliffe is Harry Potter. Of course.

On Celebrity Juice two weeks ago Jake Humphreys threw a quick insult at Danny Dyer about being typecast. Not knowing myself what 'typecast' meant I asked my boyfriend the meaning of the word as it seemed like a pretty pathetic insult. He explained that it means "when a person is always seen as their character from a well-known film/TV show." 

This really got me thinking..... 

Daniel as Harry.
Being a huge Harry Potter fan myself I thought that Daniel Radcliffe is a perfect example. Daniel has played the famous role of Harry Potter, the talented wizard who tries to take on Voldemort, since a very young age. However, all good things must come to an end. So, what could Daniel do now?!

He chooses to jump on board with his ex Potter stars: Rupert Grint (who recently acted as Ed Sheeran in his recent video) and Emma Watson (who went to extremities and chopped off all her hair to avoid typecasting)!
Daniel now. The most
recognisable
aspect is his voice.

But it looks like Radcliffe will never escape this huge role as fans start to make jokes about his new film 'Woman in Black'. I saw this on Facebook last week...

"Saw Woman in Black today. I'm confused as to why Harry is afraid of a ghost yet defeated Voldemort. Why can't he just use Avada Kedavra?!"
Obviously this is only a joke. But it proves that he is definitely typecast. Will he ever escape this role? I'm still to see the film myself, but I doubt I will be able to see him in the same way. I suppose at least Daniel has tried a completely different role, unlike stars such as Jennifer Aniston (yes, Rachel from 'Friends'.) At least Radcliffe attempted to change his appearance.

Don't get my wrong, I am a huge F.R.I.E.N.D.S fan and also a fan of Jennifer Anistons (even though my favourite was always Chandler). Jennifer has probably made the most of her career after 'Friends' - what happened to David Schwimmer (Ross)?!?! and Courtney Cox (Monica) has paid for so much surgery she's unrecognisable.

Jennifer has been in many films since 2004, unfortunately 99 per cent of these are 'Rom-Coms'. Some of these films are a good watch, e.g. Marley & Me, Just Go With It and He's Just Not That Into You. But some have just disappeared into the film world...not to mention any in particular - 'The Break Up'! However, in all of these films she plays very 'Rachel-esque' characters and it's starting to get predictable. The thing is with Jennifer, she also still looks the same as she did in 'Friends' not helping with the whole typecasting experience.

Basically, as much as I love watching the classics like Harry Potter and Friends get some new actors on my screen!




No comments:

Post a Comment